Chai Tea is also known as Yogi Tea. It is a health-promoting tonic for the whole body, known to strengthen the nervous system, energize the body, clear the mind, and is both a remedy and preventive measure for colds, allergies, and other illnesses. Before adding the plant-milk and sweetener you can store the tea in the fridge. When ready to drink, simply heat tea and add plant-milk and sweetener. This Chai Tea is a comforting beverage and aroma therapy in one with its delicious flavours of ginger, cardamom and cinnamon. Enjoy!
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Category: Drinks
- 4 cups of water
- 1 x 3″ cinnamon stick
- 6 cloves
- 10 cardamom pods, crushed
- 1/2 tsp black peppercorns
- 3 tea bags
- 2 tbsp local unpasteurized honey (use maple syrup or setvia if desired)
- 1 1/2 cups plant-milk
- Place water and spices in a pot and bring to a boil. Reduce heat.
- Partly cover and gently simmer for 30 minutes.
- Strain the mixture, discard the solids and return the liquid to the pot.
- Add the tea bags and let them steep for 5 minutes.
- Remove the tea bags and stir in the honey and milk.
- Re-heat, adjust the honey and milk levels to taste, and serve.